CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Space Bags...the death of me!

My child is in the habit of waking up at 6:00 in the morning and not telling anyone. He just walks out to the living room and turns on cartoons (and gets his own breakfast). My husband and I have been discussing what to do...should we hide the remote control, or take the batteries out of it, maybe we should get a gate for his door??? We noticed that his "cartoon watching" was getting to be a little too lengthy because of this new habit, but we had no idea how bad it was until this morning when we heard the TV and both lazily got up to walk out to the living room only to hear Talmage saying this, as we're walking down the hall. "Space Bags are made of Nylon", "They are guaranteed to lock out dirt, bugs and moisture", "You can put space bags anywhere, under the bed, in the basement, or in the garage". Carlos and I looked at each other horrified...was that our child quoting the Space Bags commercial?
Needless to say something has got to be done! I'm so selfish right now with my sleep, seeing as how I am 81/2 months pregnant and barely sleeping anyway...waking up as 6 feels like death. I hardly want to hear Talmage screaming and wailing in the morning when he finds out he's trapped in his room or that his precious remote control doesn't work. Any ideas?

4 comments:

{Erica} said...

First...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! HAHAHAHAHAHA! your kid can quote a freaking info-mercial! HAHAHA! that's awesome

Second. Would he be cool with possibly picking out a cool new alarm clock and then setting it...when he wakes up he can't get out of his room until the alarm goes off. He can play in his room but can't come out until the alarm goes off...what do you think? If that doesn't work you'll be up at 6 soon enough with a new baby so no worries right.....riiiiiiight?!

Cameron Family said...

Sounds like you have your hands full! I like the alarm clock idea! I would never have thought of that.

amy said...

Talmage is a kid after my own heart! I love watching infomercials! I think the alarm clock is a great idea! Good luck :)

Megan said...

I don't know what to say, but that is hilarious!