CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My Hero...

This is my dad. One of the best things that has ever happen to me. I often joke with my husband that my dad is the ultimate example of a Senior Citizen. Just short of 80 years old, my dad still bales hay and straw everyday. He climbs over fences and wrestles with sheep. He walks up mountains, lifts heavy water grates and gardens relentlessly. Physically, he's just short of perfection. But, when it comes to anything else, he is perfection. When I was 14 my mom and my mom announced she was getting married, I was hell-bent against it and everything that had to do with it. I should have known that it would be the best decision my mom had ever made. The affection I have for my Dad cannot be matched. I absolutely love everything about him. From his grumpiness to his grim smiles and snickers. He's such a great example of how to live a life full of hard work and service. He doesn't say much but he doesnt need to. I feel his love, it's almost tangible. I love him...he's my dad...my hero!

1 comments:

{Erica} said...

I love this picture and I love Andy too! When you were describing his snicker and smiles I could totally picture it and it brought a smile to my face. He's just so much fun to tease and one of the kindest people I know. You're so lucky to call him "Dad". Remember when he'd drop you off at school in his truck.....hahaha, good times!
hearts and sparkles to you PT.