CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Guatemala

Guatemala
Never have I felt so connected to a different place and people. The feelings I have about guatemala are so strong that most people dont understand them. The pictures I see, the things I recall almost always bring me to tears. What I felt and saw when I was in Guatemala nearly 8 years ago remains vivid in my mind, as if I was actually still there trapped in the moment. The picturesque landscape of Tikal is surreal. To actually walk through ancient Mayan ruins is exhilerating and at the same time deeply spiritual. I often find myself trying to re-create in my own life the feelings of peace and beauty that I found in Antigua. One of the greatest experiences of my life was boating across Lake Atitlan with volcanoes rising from the shoreline on everyside. Silence and serenity overtook me, I could hardly take it all in. The majesty of it all took my breath away. My life has been influenced so much by the small country. The creation of Guatemala was a masterpiece.

0 comments: